Working For Us
The Howard Academy Trust is very pleased to offer our staff a vast range of benefits, both professional and personal, as we believe that our excellent teaching and support staff should be supported at work and rewarded for the great work they do. Since 2018, The Howard Academy Trust has received the Gold Kent & Medway Workplace Wellbeing Award and we continue to make advances in emotional, physical and professional wellbeing.
- A competitive salary for both teaching and support staff, with annual pay progression and a robust performance development scheme underway.
- All staff are automatically enrolled into the Teacher and Local Government pension scheme with attractive employer contribution rates.
- We have introduced Access EarlyPay through our payroll system as a mobile app that lets users draw down a proportion of their salary. You can withdraw at any point, 24/7 with just a few taps on your mobile phone. This money will then appear in your bank account within minutes.
Early finish for teaching staff every Friday afternoon to allow for whole school CPD, PPA, departmental training, and wellbeing afternoons.
Trust-wide training events and Trust Day events to bring all staff across the Trust together to network and share experiences.
Assessment Only routes and Schools Direct opportunities to take your first step into Teaching.
Access to 30 Level 2 qualifications through The Skills Network, free of charge to all staff.
Career Progression and upskilling opportunities across the Trust.
Access in-house training in to Middle & Senior Leadership courses for future leaders.
- Full Time support staff receive 23 days annual leave as standard plus bank holidays, to increase after 5 years of service.
- Each of our academies have received the Gold Kent & Medway Workplace Wellbeing Award in 2021.
- Employee Assistance Programme, 24/7 access to a free counselling service for our employees and their families, for confidential advice and guidance.
- Access to Senior Mental Health First Aiders and a team of established Mental Health First Aiders based at all of our academies.
- Hosts of Medway Council’s wellbeing afternoons consisting of use of a health check machine, blood pressure checks, alcohol awareness speakers.
- Flu jabs available for free every autumn for all staff, at their own academy for ease of access.
- Discounted gym membership at Avenue Tennis, Gillingham, on a range of different packages.
- Mindfulness taster sessions.
- Discounted hire of the school facilities, halls, fields, and gyms, for all members of staff up to 20%.
- On site catering at our school canteens for breakfast items and a full lunch menu.
- Free car parking at each Trust site.