The Howard Academy Trust is constituted as a multi-academy trust (MAT) and is governed by a Board of Directors, which is made up of representatives from the community with areas of business specialism and includes the Chair of the Regional Governing Board. Its constitution is set out in the Articles of Association and this is shared with individual academies via the Schemes of Delegation. To view our governance structure, please click here.
The Chair of our Board of Directors is Dan McDonald. The Honourable Paul Morris, Chief Executive Officer, is a Local Leader of Education and has been a senior leader across London boroughs and large local authorities for more than 30 years.
The Board devolves responsibility for the running of each Trust academy to local academy bodies and their senior leadership teams.
Our clear aim is to bring about school improvement via partnership with practical and targeted support in a cooperative framework. School improvement and support are the primary purposes of our relationships with our individual Trust academies.
For further details including Declarations of Business Interests, please select the relevant page on the left.
Finance, Personnel & Estates Committee Members: Simon Bass; Fiona Martin; Dan McDonald; Roger McKenna; The Hon Paul Morris; and Richard Zaltzman.
- Agreeing the annual budget for all academies within the Trust
- Agreeing the central operations budget and use of Top Slice funds in line with the Top Slice Policy
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of finance related policies in relation to accounting and investment
- When appropriate, issuing a Financial Notice to Improve to academies within the Trust running at a deficit to partially restrict or fully restrict their powers
- Monitoring of HR across the Trust including KPI’s for absence
- Setting and monitoring of Trust-wide policies in relation to pay, performance management, managing sickness and absence, capability of staff, grievances, flexible working, disciplinary, maternity and paternity.
- Health and Safety Action Plan for the Trust
- Condition Surveys for Trust Schools
- Oversight of the Trust’s Condition Improvement Fund applications on a yearly basis
- Responsible for ensuring that all academies are compliant with statutory requirements.
Audit, Risk Management & Policy Committee Members: Simon Bass (Chair); David Giles (Vice Chair); Dan McDonald; and Richard Zaltzman.
- Review of reports from the responsible officer and responsible for overseeing any corrective action that may be required
- Review of the management letter and year-end financial statements
- Determination of Trust accounting policies and investment policies
- Overview of Trust Financial Processes.
- Review and assess the level of risk within the Trust
- Maintain and update the risk register for the Trust
- Update the risk management strategy and business continuity plans for the Trust when necessary.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of policies across the Trust
- Update and review of Trust-wide policies depending on their review frequency or changes to statutory guidance.
Members and Directors can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Academy Bodies:
To view details of our academies with links to details of their local/governing bodies, please click here.
Register of People with Significant Control:
For requests to inspect our Register, please contact email@example.com. Please note, a charge may be incurred if a copy is requested.
|ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION FINAL.pdf||16th Mar 2018||Download|
|Master Funding Agreement||16th Mar 2018||Download|
|Terms of Reference ARMP.pdf||16th Mar 2018||Download|
|Terms of Reference FPE.pdf||16th Mar 2018||Download|
|Terms of Reference LAB.pdf||16th Mar 2018||Download|
|Terms of Reference Members.pdf||16th Mar 2018||Download|