The Howard School
The Howard is a thriving school with a reputation for providing the highest quality educational opportunities for all students.
Our local and national reputation as a school where results challenge the stereotypical view of underachievement in young men continues to grow. We believe it is our responsibility to ensure that all of our students fulfil their academic potential, regardless of their starting points or backgrounds, within a supportive environment.
At The Howard School we aim to:
- Provide an education that values every student as an individual
- Deliver a broad and balanced curriculum that ensures a solid academic education
- Create a disciplined environment that allows every student to develop a love of learning
- Offer a range of extra-curricular activities in sport, culture and adventure
- Support every student into the very best universities and high quality employment
The curriculum that we offer ensures all our students receive a solid academic education alongside a wide range of opportunities for personal development. The Howard School is a highly inclusive school community where every individual matters. High levels of discipline ensure everyone is expected to work hard and make a positive contribution to the learning environment.
Our mixed Sixth Form is very successful, with students leaving us for a range of university courses and apprenticeships. These lead to careers in a variety of professions: medicine; law; sport; business; computing; journalism; engineering; graphic design; and the arts.
The Howard School is an exciting place to work and to learn with a team of highly professional, committed staff, many of whom have chosen The Howard for their own sons.
We look forward to you visiting us to see for yourselves what The Howard School has to offer.
To view our latest Ofsted Report please click here
To view our Department for Education performance tables please click here